Thursday, May 1, 2008

Golf Karts and Softball

Lately I've been feeling like a total moron at work. This is largely due to the fact that I'm taking over an extremely important office that is extremely busy and has an extreme amount of little things you have to know. Wow, that's extremely extreme! Today though, I felt like I was useful instead of being a waste of organized matter. The sugar on top of that was this; I found out my office shares control of a golf kart. A GOLF KART for crying out loud! If that's not cooler than a bucket full of ice cubes on an arctic morning covered in liquid nitrogen then I don't know WHAT is! So, today I took the kart and drove it to the finance office a couple of times to drop off some orders. It was, how you say, fun. Then at softball practice tonight, our coach's arm was getting tired of pitching, I know this because he said, "Hey, anyone wanna pitch, my arms tired." It was pretty obvious. So, I was like, yeah I'll do it, how do I do it? I pretty much learned by baptism by fire. After my first guinea pig I was getting better, and then by the end of the night I was like, yo, I could pitch in games if you need me. The sad part about that is, I've only pitched softball like once in my life, and I'm like the back up. So if you couldn't tell, today was pretty cool.


Here is a list of bonus words that any one would want to use in a conversation.


-introspectible: adjective: to practice introspection; consider one's own internal state or feelings.


-hylocereus: noun: genus of climbing or epiphytic tropical American cacti with angular stems and mostly white very fragrant flowers


-boresight: verb (transitive) to verify the alignment of the sights and bore of (a firearm).

No comments: